Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Font matching algorithm; issue with weight selection

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:13:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yeah, @tabatkins is right. If we ignore backwards compatibility and change the algorithm, many (most?) fonts will change in the wild, and everyone will get mad that their websites "broke." I have seen users complain when I wrote buggy code by accident, so doing this willingly is not acceptable.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1701#issuecomment-328629810 using your GitHub account