Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-sizing] Intrinsic Size of Images with Intrinsic Aspect Ratio and No Size

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 23:08:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@AmeliaBR OK, we added some links to CSS2.1, and added a paragraph explicitly replacing the undefined rule in 2.1 with the new max-content definition in css-sizing-3.

The Block and Inline Layout specification will eventually define what “auto” means for block-level and inline-level elements, but as it doesn't exist yet we're still relying on CSS2.1. Agreed it's a bit awkward, but hopefully we can make sure the definitions connect up here as best as we are able without rewriting most of 2.1.

Let us know if your comments seem sufficiently addressed, or if there are further edits we need to make.

Thanks!

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1609#issuecomment-340117955 using your GitHub account