Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-tables] [css-backgrounds] border-radius effect on Tables

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 19:32:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> When a table is laid out in collapsed-borders mode, the following rules apply:
> - The border-radius of both table-root and table-non-root boxes is ignored (as it it was set to 0px).

http://www.w3.org/TR/css-tables-3/#collapsed-style-overrides

There is currently no text specified for table-track and table-track-grouping elements, since they cannot render borders, but it's true that the clipping effect could be applied independently of that, I guess we should add some text in http://www.w3.org/TR/css-tables-3/#global-style-overrides to cover this.

Since every browser already does that, this shouldn't be difficult to resolve on.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1880#issuecomment-338771339 using your GitHub account