Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical-1] [css-cascade-3] The all longhand probably shouldn't set logical properties.

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 07:07:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
You mean for any shorthand that sets physical properties with logical counterparts, right?

And yeah, not even that, but just something like:

```js
elem.style.writingMode = "horizontal-tb";
elem.style.marginTop = "1px";
elem.style.marginBlockStart = "2px";
elem.style.marginTop = "0px";  // top margin is still 2px :(
```

Given that (which is basically the problem Xidorn described before) is a more general problem with logical props themselves, I think we should make `all` not reset them, and keep the order unspecified. But not sure what other people think.

It may be worth trying to come up with a solution for that problem in a more general way, but it seems hard / impossible to me, because you don't know what physical property is actually represented by that property until computed value time.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1898#issuecomment-338566592 using your GitHub account