Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Add notIfViewed to ScrollIntoViewOptions; add FocusScrollOptions

From: Jihye Hong via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 15:28:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thanks for the updates @zcorpan! I think these are the remaining issues in here:

1.  Define how to handle the partially viewed element
This is difficult to handle. As @zcorpan pointed out, covering all the cases (mentioned in https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/1805#issuecomment-331109979) is complicated.
So I'm happy with the definition of `if-hidden` which can scroll the element if it's entirely out of view.
IntersectionObserver can help with the partially viewed element.

2. Default values of FocusScrollOptions
I prefer `{block: start, inline: nearest}` or `{block: nearest, inline: nearest}` as default values.
I hope we can get a resolution about this in the conf call.
  - Defaults of ScrollIntoViewOptions: `{block: start, inline: nearest}`
  - Defaults of Firefox, Edge: block: `{block: nearest, inline: nearest}`
  - Defaults of Chrome, Opera, Safari: `{block: center, inline: center}`

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jihyerish
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/1805#issuecomment-337270141 using your GitHub account