Re: [csswg-drafts] [css3-page] CSS counter for position fixed elements on paged media

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 07:23:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The Firefox behavior is so buggy. If you create a static element after `#print-foot` which uses `counter(page)` and is displayed in the first page, then the second page shows `Page:` without any number.

I think counter values should lie in the element tree, so `#print-foot::after` should have a single value for the counter `page`, which would be `1`.

Also see #1026, a proposal to read counters in arbitrary properties. I don't think this can be possible if counter values belong to fragments.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1879#issuecomment-336801611 using your GitHub account