Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] Disabling image animation

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 18:05:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Not only does that seem far too convoluted for something which is effectively a "troll security" measure to protect against users trying to disrupt other users' browsing experience

This suggests that you think site authors are going to be the ones using this property. I don't see why they would, tho. Gifs are generally just fine to upload alongside any other images.

The need to stop/start a gif is either a per-user thing which should apply to *all* sites (and thus should be a browser setting), or should just generally be a functionality applied to all gifs for all users. I'm not seeing the use-case for an individual site author to need to turn on this functionality.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1615#issuecomment-334955092 using your GitHub account