Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-rhythm-1] Avoiding accidental double spacing

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 14:52:48 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Great, we're getting to the consensus.

> When setting the line-heigh-step, you (almost?) never want to set it to something smaller than the line height of the element that establishes the rhythm.

People wants half-rhythm. This doesn't align lines across columns, but still gives a good rhythm, and consumes less spaces, and that this is suitable for mobile scenario. For this use case, safe/unsafe doesn't express its intention very well.

`none` was discussed before, but fantasai didn't like having two ways to turn it off, and we can't eliminate accepting `0`, so it was removed.

So, shall we start with `auto | <length>` and see what it happens?

Also are you ok to add `<length>` to Line Grid as well? This is the largest feedback I've got so far in terms of numbers.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/938#issuecomment-334181834 using your GitHub account