[csswg-drafts] [css-tables] Specify the containing block of a table cell

From: mwenge via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 19:13:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
mwenge has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-tables] Specify the containing block of a table cell ==
There is disagreement among browsers, and no specification in CSS2.1, concerning the containing block of a table cell.

Blink consider the row the containing block. I believe Firefox and Edge consider the table the containing block.

Can the editor clarify for me and maybe add something to the spec?

[Others have encountered the same question.](https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25590816/does-a-table-cell-have-a-containing-block)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2004 using your GitHub account