Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Interaction of run-in and block inside inline

From: SelenIT via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 06:31:18 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I believe that, first of all, A and D themselves are wrapped in anonymous block boxes, since the container has at least one block box inside, so they all are in the block formatting container. Given that `run-in` is inserted inside the next block box, I suppose that Option 2, variant 1 is the closest to the answer:

```
  <anonymous-block>A</anonymous-block>
    <b style="display: run-in">B</b>
  <anonymous-block>D</anonymous-block>
```

I don't think it's "splitting the `span`", because in DOM terms both `div` and `run-in` box are still nested in the `span`. But I'm not sure if it's correct from the implementor's point of view.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SelenIT
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1472#issuecomment-304582941 using your GitHub account