Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] Add easing functions to color stops

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 20:14:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If we added this, it would indeed extend the `<linear-color-hint>` grammar, so @larsenwork's example syntax (the timing function on its own, comma-separated from the two surrounding color-stops) is indeed how it would look.

This proposal overall sound interesting and is definitely potentially doable, but I'd like to see how far people can take just the mid-point approach first.  None of the blogposts talking about smoothing gradients seem to acknowledge their existence (which is understandable, given that they're embedded deep in Images 4 right now).  They should help things quite a bit.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1332#issuecomment-300599398 using your GitHub account