Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline] vertically align to nth-child

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 20:34:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Usually, rather than explicitly indicating an element in a property, we invert control and have the target indicate that it's the one to be used (and when necessary, have some sort of tie-breaker for ambiguous situations).  So in this case, we'd do something like have a property to indicate that the element has a specially-computed baseline, and another property on the appropriate descendant that it's the one that computes the baseline for its nearest baseline-container.

In your particular example, which element would be contributing the baseline? I think it's the bar, contributing a central baseline?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1339#issuecomment-300293130 using your GitHub account