Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] Add easing functions to color stops

From: Eric A. Meyer via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 17:45:47 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ah!  Given that, I agree, putting the interpolation function into the same spot as the hints (as a separate comma-separated value) makes the most sense.  To authors, it will feel like “here’s this new interstitial thing that gives me a lot of easing options” and that’s perfect.  It also makes hard-stop gradients a _lot_ easier to create, simply by putting in a `step` rather than having to string together a whole series of color pairs with stop distances that touch adjacent pairs.

Would there be utility in allowing both a <length-percentage> and an interpolation function, as a way of modifying the shape of the interpolation?  Or too many curves being smooshed together that way?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by meyerweb
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1332#issuecomment-300246439 using your GitHub account