Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping-1] should shadow-piercing descendant combinator (>>>) still be in specification

From: Dylan Barrell via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 15:41:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Does the '>>>' combinator select shadow DOM nodes? I cannot get the Google implementation in Chrome 56 to select anything but the light DOM nodes that have been slotted into the shadow DOM.

For example, if you go to this page http://dylanb.github.io/Axponents/web_components.html and try the following code in the console `document.querySelectorAll('div.custom aria-menubar >>> *')` you will see only light nodes selected

I am asking about the intended behavior because we are trying to decide whether to use this feature in future code and I don't want a potential bug or partial implementation in the Google code to adversely affect that decision.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dylanb
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/640#issuecomment-290748204 using your GitHub account