[csswg-drafts] [css-gcpm] Possible to select last page in page-group?

From: Eliot Kimber via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:01:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
drmacro has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-gcpm] Possible to select last page in page-group? ==
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-gcpm/#document-sequence-selectors

The 16 March 2017 draft defines the :nth() pseudo-class as type "An+B" and an optional named page reference (e.g., nth(2 of body).

The text doesn't specify how to refer to pages at the end of a group.

For example, I need to be able to specify specific rules for the last page of a page sequence.

Would using a negative number do this (or should it).

E.g., nth(-1 of body) would match the last page of a body sequence, -2 the 2nd-to-last page, etc.

The only solution I can think of would be to allow a keyword or function like last or last(), but the production of An+B doesn't appear to allow that.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1110 using your GitHub account