Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-sizing] percentage [max-]width|height and intrinsic sizes

From: Greg Whitworth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 19:10:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ok, following up on my action - here is what the crawl found:

- 13,144 unique URLs contained a % on max-width with an auto width
- 14,155 total hits of input or textarea (this is not the count of inputs/textareas on the page)

Crawl info:
- URLs 1 million = .01% of sites
- Top 1K Worldwide + Random Long Tail & Geographic spread

To follow this up for manual inspection, I checked of these URLs if they had a parent with a potential shrink-to-fit parent (abspos, float, table cell, flex).

12,265 of them remain with potential. I did **NOT** check to see if the parent was setting its own width or if the found element's siblings would have caused the problem to not be noticeable by the end user.

We will follow up on how best we want to determine if this problem will be visible by the end user. @fantasai had some ideas.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gregwhitworth
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/765#issuecomment-286528859 using your GitHub account