Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-multicol] 'column-span' and tables

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 05:59:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I've never worked on an engine that has this distinction between "table wrapper box" (which includes captions) and "table box" explicit in code (neither Presto nor Blink have this)

Oh yeah I have a strong opinion this concept should be removed from the spec altogether. If your engine does that for any reason, up to you, just make sure the observable behavior is identical. But some people have diverging opinions about it. I will make a case for that change next f2f I go to.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1071#issuecomment-284629907 using your GitHub account