Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-cascade] About omitted subproperty value in shorthand

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 00:25:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It doesn't seem to me Chrome's behavior is more useful. It seems more
buggy and unpredictable.

I agree that shorthand serialization omitting unspecified values
probably has some value, but I would argue that it makes things more
complicated than it should be. And simply omitting initial values in
shorthand serialization when possible should be fine enough for most
of cases (like what Edge has already been doing in some cases).

As I stated before, there is no compat issue so far. It is just a
question raised when I was looking at Servo's code and realized why it
 was so buggy.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1068#issuecomment-283826911
 using your GitHub account