Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-cascade] About omitted subproperty value in shorthand

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 00:19:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I have been advocating internally for some time already we should
probably match Chrome. This is more useful to developers than the
current behavior. That being said, @dbaron has a general preference
for the more backwards-compatible option when it comes to
serialization, which would be the Edge/Firefox behavior. I would argue
 that if Chrome/Safari were able to switch we should be just fine
doing so too, but at the same time switching isn't a big priority for
us :-)

Do you have compat data that prompted you to ask, or is it just a
question on what the new gecko/servo style engine should do?

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1068#issuecomment-283825883
 using your GitHub account