Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-4] do `hover` and `any-hover` only make sense for *pointer-based* input mechanisms?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 07:44:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> the spec text should quite explicitly talk about something like
"pointer-based input mechanisms". By using this more specific
language, it would be immediately clear that these media features are
not even meant to help authors detect if there are other input
mechanisms, like keyboards, present. pointer-accuracy and
hover-capability would only apply to any pointer-based inputs, and
authors would still need to use their judgement to know that there may
 be other non-pointer-based input mechanisms present (and this could
be reinforced in a note).

I think this is a good idea. I was indeed only meant to cover pointer
based input mechanism, and the keyboard related questions were left
out for a future (set of) MQ(s) to be drafted when we have a better
grasp of the use cases and the right level of granularity.

So making it clear seems fine to me.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/967#issuecomment-274419675