Re: [csswg-drafts] HTMLElement.prototype.offsetParent leaks a node inside a shadow tree

From: Hayato Ito via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 06:12:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Hmm... Both arguments make sense to me. :(
The problem is: "Preventing accidental leak vs Honoring developer
ergonomics".

However, as far as I know, `offsetParent` looks the only exceptional
API which would return a node in a shadow tree, even though there is
no explicit intention there. Given that, it might make sense to be
conservative, as @rniwa suggested.

I know that this decision might be painful for developers, but we must
 pay the cost for consistency, I guess.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by hayatoito
Please view or discuss this issue at