Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-1] Make It easier to use contain: size in cases where the size is unknown

From: Brian Vaughn via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 18:21:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This sounds exciting! When I read the following parts...

> when the element comes in the viewport, remove the size cache and
recompute the size. If the size has changed and the element is above
the scrollTop, **adjust scrollTop to remove the jank of scrolling**.

> when the size of an element above the viewport is changed the
browser **changes the scrolltop to compensate**.

...I think there's some potential for weird scroll UX if `scrollTop`
is adjusted by any significant amount. eg the track thumb could move
out from under a user's mouse cursor. Also would want to make sure
adjustments don't interfere with momentum scrolling. (Probably goes
without saying though.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bvaughn
Please view or discuss this issue at