Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-1] do we need layout containment in a single dimension to enable container queries?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 03:10:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I agree. What I meant is that you should be able to apply regular
layout containment (which we already have) together with 1d size
containment (which we don't) to get the effect you described.

So authors need both, but the WG only needs to add 1d size
containment, since we already have the rest.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1031#issuecomment-279905324