Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] Default color of text-shadow

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 01:50:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Do we agree that "rendering nested decorations" and "color of
shadow, including shadow of decorations" are separate issues? Related,
 but I suppose we can repro the former without shadows, using alpha
for decoration color.

Isn't nested decoration supposed to exist? I think that is a natural
consequence of propagation style text-decoration which Edge probably
just haven't implemented yet.

I believe the issue is simply about the color of shadow of
decorations.

> For shadow, Edge looks most reasonable to me, but I might need to
check with other members in our team.

That means we give text shadow a default color of grey or
semi-transparent black. That might be fine either.

I don't know why text-shadow currently uses color of "ink" by default.
 But I would probably prefer we use `currentcolor` as the default, to
align with behavior of `box-shadow`.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/942#issuecomment-278522511