Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align][css-flexbox] Should `align-self` and `flex` (& its subproperties) be honored on table wrapper box?

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 18:21:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
My opinion is the other thread (#948).

**TLDR**: I am fine with adding text to hoist flex/align-*/etc in the
tables spec, I just continue to think it would be easier to stop
pretending we don't just want the table-wrapper box to be the box
generated for the ```<table>``` element. We are bothering ourselves
with a box that is absolutely not useful and creates ton of
implementation complexity. If someone proposed this non-sense today,
everybody would be objecting to it.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/547#issuecomment-277322457