Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-sizing-3] Spec disagrees with reality on how min-content / max-content contribution is computed for elements w/ intrinsic aspect ratio & percent size in opposite dimension

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 15:22:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The spec definitely means “auto-sized in the dimension that we're trying to find the size of”; sizing constraints in the other axis are expected to be transferred through, as they are for floats--that's entirely why we have this redirection through the CSS2.1 float-sizing algorithm (which isn't particularly well-defined, but to which these keywords are expected to correspond). See #794 for where we argued about this point. :) I'll mark Needs Edits so we can make the spec clearer.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2128#issuecomment-354128738 using your GitHub account