Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-sizing-3] Spec disagrees with reality on how min-content / max-content contribution is computed for elements w/ intrinsic aspect ratio & percent size in opposite dimension

From: Daniel Holbert via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 16:28:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
OK - so "auto-sized" *and* "zero-sized" *both* refer specifically to the dimension that we're trying to measure, and the hypothetical float's containing block is meant to be the same as the measured-element's containing block.

Also, I think the hypothetical float needs to have `{height|width}:100%` in the not-being-measured dimension, in order for percent sizes on the element itself to resolve against the actual containing block size.  Like this: https://jsfiddle.net/p9959s27/  If I don't include `height:100%` on the hypothetical float here, then the float & canvas each end up huge.

With all that, I think the spec matches reality & makes sense.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dholbert
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2128#issuecomment-354315444 using your GitHub account