Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox][css-grid] Choose a single option for resolving padding and margin percent values of grid/flex items

From: Daniel Tonon via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 14:34:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Oooh `margin-bottom: 20%w` and `margin-bottom: 20%h` sounds like an awesome idea. It lets us have more fine tuned control over how we want the percentages calculated.

Making `%w` and `%h` actual generic unit types would also solve the aspect ratio issue. You could do something like `height: 50%w` to create a `2/1` ratio container :)

As for what `%` would equal in flex and grid, I'm not really sure :/

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Dan503
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2085#issuecomment-353078612 using your GitHub account