Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-units] aspect ratio units needed

From: Bart Nagel via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 07:25:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@keithjgrant said

> I agree. It’s do-able with existing CSS, but it’s a kludge: http://keithjgrant.com/posts/2017/03/aspect-ratios/

Unfortunately this doesn't work all the time. I am having it fail on me for example when I want my cell to be square or taller, and inside this cell I want a flex which fills the full height, for vertical spacing-out of its children. Firefox is happy but Chrome is not (100% height seems to mean nothing to it in this context), and I've had to fall back to the vertical padding hack, with an absolutely-positioned content container. But this way, the content can't grow the cell if it's too long.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by tremby
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1173#issuecomment-351933202 using your GitHub account