Re: [csswg-drafts] [css4-ui] <select/> field pseudoelements

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 04:26:35 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If we want to specify this, pseudo-elements for parts of replaced elements / form elements should probably go into its own spec.

The other part is that this is tricky: what these elements look like is expected to vary per platform and/or per browser. There's not guarantee that there will be a dropdown arrow.

Styling of form controls in general is known to be an area where we need to do something, but what we can do is not clear at all. https://drafts.csswg.org/css-forms/ was started to start explore this, but it has not been worked on actively.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2013#issuecomment-351910275 using your GitHub account