[csswg-drafts] [css-shadow-parts] Motivation missing reasons

From: Tim Layton via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 00:45:08 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
tmlayton has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-shadow-parts] Motivation missing reasons ==
I‘m excited for css-shadow-parts! A bit of feedback on the draft – the [Motivation](https://tabatkins.github.io/specs/css-shadow-parts/#motivation) section explains why this proposal is better than others, but as far as why this is valuable in general it just says "for obvious reasons". I wouldn‘t say the reasons are immediately obvious for everyone. For example, our product design system at Shopify doesn‘t have any concept of theming so that problem is not top-of-mind for me. I personally would like to see some more details on the reasons why this useful.

* [x] please tag the issue title with the spec's shortname, like `[css-foo]`
* [x] please link to the spec section you're talking about, or at least the spec

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2099 using your GitHub account