Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox][css-grid] Choose a single option for resolving padding and maring percent values of grid/flex items

From: Rossen Atanassov via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 18:18:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The issue was indeed discussed in the past (around 2015) and I even proposed a feature that would allow authors to chose which sizing applies to a given layout container such as grid, flexbox or block (see the [NYC f2f minutes](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015May/0314.html) ). The [jsbin I used](http://jsbin.com/pekiyuqalu/1/edit?output) seems to be alive as well and the property suggested was box-percent-sizing: symmetric | asymmetric; just so it is closer to box-sizing.

The aspect ratio argument was discussed at that time too with the obvious questions of "if we really need it, why isn't there a dedicated property for it?" etc.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by atanassov
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2085#issuecomment-350051163 using your GitHub account