Re: [csswg-drafts] [CSS-images] Specify fallback behavior when replaced or background image content not available

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 21:47:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yeah, letting the UA discriminate between those cases when doing its ultimate fallback seems fine, and will just need some extra prose. But it would be good, I think, to let `image()` fallback handle loading images as well.

(`image()` will need to discriminate here, too - we don't want a loading fallback to fall back to another URL! Basically, if it's currently depending on a loading image, it should skip all further images that require loading, and fall back all the way to a CSS-generated image or color.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1984#issuecomment-349116915 using your GitHub account