Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical] Syntax for `margin`-like shorthands

From: inoas via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 08:38:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I have to raise my voice and say that short symbolic like a punctuation mark are really not good practice IMHO. The gains are minimal and the symbol does not transport its meaning.

I'd favour extra logical properties. Aka `margin` and `padding` are absolute and `margin-relative` and `padding-relative` are not (`dimensions` for position and `dimensions-relative` or similar could be added later).

That is a very clear and easy interface for authors and there is no clash between old properties and new properties. Authors can also use margin and m

--
GitHub Notification of comment by inoas
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1282#issuecomment-297941823 using your GitHub account