Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-page-float] float property syntax

From: Shinyu Murakami via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 01:55:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> As for the floating "right left" -- is this meant as only being used in vertical text? If so, then this may indeed work as an equivalent of "top bottom".
>
> But if the idea is to make text that is going in the horizontal direction float vertically and horizontally in the same way, then this may not make so much sense.

The idea is to replace `snap-inline` with `inline-start inline-end` (same as `left right` in English), but I understand your concern. I think `left right` means simply float to left or right, and we have to rethink the algorithm, not depending on anchor position.
(this issue is about syntax and the algorithm should be in separate issue)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MurakamiShinyu
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1251#issuecomment-296011812 using your GitHub account