Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-rhythm-1] Avoiding accidental double spacing

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 06:03:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm going after the CSS2.1 definition, which although phrased somewhat vaguely, does not seem to allow (by my reading) considering the actual content of the element:

>   normal
>    Tells user agents to set the used value to a "reasonable" value based on the font of the element. The value has the same meaning as <number>. We recommend a used value for 'normal' between 1.0 to 1.2.

I'm sure we can find some wiggle room in that phrasing, but regardless, I would indeed favor a definition of 'normal' that doesn't depend on text. The alternative is just going to make everything more complicated.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/938#issuecomment-292857280 using your GitHub account