Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-rhythm-1] Avoiding accidental double spacing

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:32:47 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@frivoal, I'm so disappointed at my English skill, I still can't understand what the proposal is after tens of minutes of try. Could you try plainer English, or meta-code if possible?

When you said:
> that 20px is taller than what this natural line height would be, in which case, everything behaves exactly the same as you specified

I interpreted:
* 20px is the specified value of 'line-height-step'.
* "natural line height" is the used line height from the layout result before rounding is applied.
* "as you specified" means the specified value of 'line-height'?

so this means, in meta-code:
```
if (computed-line-height-step < line-height-from-layout-result) {
  if (specified-line-height is not "normal")
    use specified-line-height;
  else
    use ???
}
```

This logic doesn't make sense, so I'm probably lost somewhere, but don't know what it is.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/938#issuecomment-292898023 using your GitHub account