[csswg-drafts] [css-display] Define interaction of display:contents and replaced elements

From: Simon Pieters via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:16:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
zcorpan has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display/#box-generation

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-test/pull/1129

> It was not clear to me from the spec what the expected result of
applying display:contents to replaced elements is. The added test for
replace contents matches what Gecko implemented.

The implemented behavior seems to be that display:contents on replaced
 elements *and form controls* (not all of those are actually replaced
elements) is ignored, as far as I can tell.

cc @rune-opera @tabatkins @fantasai

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/540 using your GitHub
account