Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] [varfonts] Specify variable font instances relative to an ”anchor point”

From: Tim Brown via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 19:44:20 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@astearns I don't understand what you mean by “custom property”. Can
you tell me more about how that might work?

@litherum I imagine this as more of an exact relativity, like em-based
 lengths, than lighter/bolder keywords. Not many web designers I know
use lighter/bolder, but _many_ people use relative length units.

Related, I had another idea today about snapping to the closest named
instance along an axis, perhaps like so:

`font-variation-settings: 'wdth' +100 snap;`

--
GitHub Notification of comment by tbrown
Please view or discuss this issue at