[csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] access to named instances

From: Gustavo Ferreira via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 15:28:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
gferreira has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-fonts-4] access to named instances ==
Reading the overview
[here](https://litherum.blogspot.com.br/2016/09/variable-fonts-in-css-draft.html),
 I miss a way to access pre-defined instances by name. While it's
great to be able to choose a value for each parameter numerically, in
most common cases it will be easier for font users to choose one among
 several named instances provided by the type designer.

Here’s an example to illustrate what I mean:

```
10. Use named, pre-defined variation instances contained in the font

@font-face {
  font-family: "MyVariableFamily";
  src: url("MyVariableFamily.otf");
}