[csswg-drafts] [css-tables] How replaced elements are handled when receiving a table-* display type

From: Greg Whitworth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 09:44:08 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
gregwhitworth has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-tables] How replaced elements are handled when receiving a
table-* display type ==
We have changed the spec from 2.1 regarding replaced elements as no
browser currently allows this. Here is the spec text regarding this
change:

> Authors must not assign a display type from the previous list to
replaced elements (like input fields or images).
>                       When the 'display' property of a replaced
element computes to one of these values,
>                               it is handled instead as would
>                               <code>inline</code> (for
>                               <code>block</code> (for all other
values).
>                       Whitespace collapsing and box generation must
happen around those replaced elements
>                               like if they never had any other
display type.

Please view or discuss this issue at