Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] span=1 and span>1 use different size contribution to 'auto' min-sizing

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 20:22:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
After thinking some more about the 'auto' case, I suspect that
applying
both its min-sizing (2.1) and min/max-content (2.2/2.3) contributions
is probably correct for the span>1 case.  We apply both contributions
for 'min-content' and 'max-content' too in the span>1 case, but not
in the span=1 case.  So if the goal of these changes were "make 'auto'
min track sizes behave as 'min(max)-content' when sizing under
a min(max)-content constraint" then the current text looks correct.

If so, I think it would be equivalent to stating upfront that "if
sizing under
a min(max)-content constraint then treat an 'auto' min track sizing
as a 'min(max)-content' track min sizing in the following rules"
(for any span).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at