Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Decorative grid-cell pseudo-elements

From: Greg Whitworth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 10:18:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This seems like a merging of `@apply` and CSS being able to pierce the
 shadow DOM. I agree that the author should be able to style area
boxes, but I'm not entirely sure we should be solve this problem
specifically focused on grid. I think it would be best, and I know
we've tried and failed, to provide a generalized solution for styling
boxes that exist but don't have an element associated with them that
is targetable via general selectors.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gregwhitworth
Please view or discuss this issue at