[csswg-drafts] [css-device-adapt] consider adding user-overscroll-action descriptor

From: Majid Valipour via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 11:34:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
majido has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-device-adapt] consider adding user-overscroll-action
descriptor ==
We are collaborating on a new [declarative
API](https://github.com/WICG/user-gesture-nav) to give developer a
reliable way to control overscroll actions (e.g., swipe navigations,
pull-to-refresh, etc.).

Our initial thinking was to use a new CSS attribute but it was
[pointed
out](https://github.com/WICG/user-gesture-nav/issues/1#issue-164104801)
 that perhaps a descriptor in the viewport meta tag is a better API
particularly because all of the overscroll actions that we care about
are only meaningful for viewport.

The proposal is to add `user-overscroll-action` which will be similar
to `user-scalable` property in the viewport meta in the sense that it
provides a directive to user agent on how to interpret a user action
in this case overscroll as opposed to zoom.

Do you think such a proposed descriptor is appropriate for
`css-device-adapt`?

/cc @smaug----

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/455 using your GitHub