Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Address missing aspect of Progressive Enhancement in font loading

From: Jason Pamental via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 23:28:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@litherum that seems to tie nicely to the existing Font Loading API
and also a good way to set fallback customization per font, but
doesn't give the opportunity to customize per fall-back (as outlined
by @aaaxx above). I wonder if there might be a way to combine those
approaches. I recognize that this is a greater length than many will
go, but if we're going to propose a change we may as well see how
thorough we can be!

What I like about this approach is that it puts this control right in
the same place where `font-display` behavior is set.

A downside to this is that it can only be utilized if you have control
 over the `@font-face` block itself, but that's solvable on the
platform side if they choose to do so (and the Typekit crew would
likely do something pretty nifty with it).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jpamental
Please view or discuss this issue at