Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transitions] Define interpolation of the currentcolor keyword

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 08:08:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Currently, different engines have different behavior for different
properties.

In Gecko, on some properties like `-webkit-text-fill-color`,
`text-emphasis-color`, `currentcolor` and numeric color are not
interpolatible; for some properties we interpolate `currentcolor` as
the static value of `color` property; for other properties we haven't
handled `currentcolor` as a keyword yet.

In Blink, as far as I can see, `background-color` property uses the
ideal way which interpolate the numeric color and `currentcolor` in a
ratio, while for `-webkit-text-fill-color`, `currentcolor` is not
interpolatible.

I'm trying to implement the ideal interpolation way (the way how Blink
 handles `background-color`) for all properties in Gecko so that we
can unify the handling of `currentcolor` in our codebase.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/445#issuecomment-244879305