Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Simplifying the new syntaxt of the grid shorthand

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 20:00:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
IIRC the reason Tab and I decided to use 'auto-flow' rather than the
'row'/'column' keywords was to make the shorthand a little more
self-evident: just stating 'row' or 'column' in the appropriate place
didn't make it as clear that the subsequent track-sizes were
auto-flowed rather than part of the template. Since whether it was a
row or column was already implied by the placement (it's implied
whether you're doing auto-flow or template), we decided to use the
'auto-flow' part of the property name as a keyword here.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/438#issuecomment-244473832