Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-writing-modes][css-pseudo][css-inline] text-combine-upright and initial-letter

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 07:08:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Selector matching and `::first-letter` is not normally considered part
 of layout, so I don't think this sentence applies as-is, but we could
 tweak it if that's what we want.

If we consider the whole run as a single U+FFFC, that would mean
`::first-letter` does not select it, so this is the equivalent to
"solution 3", right?

I think I'm ok with either solution 2 or 3, so fine.

Testing a bit further how `::first-letter` and `text-combine-upright`
interact (leaving aside initial-letter for a second), current
implementations seem to do things that are neither 2 nor 3, and are
all over the place:
http://output.jsbin.com/xacicok/

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/653#issuecomment-256563789