[csswg-drafts] [css-tables-3] Can we simplify empty-cells:hide?

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 17:36:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
FremyCompany has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-tables-3] Can we simplify empty-cells:hide? ==
1. The definition of an empty cell is not trivial. Could we simplify
to just matching ```:empy``` like Chrome seems to be doing?

2. The spec mentions that rows that have only empty cells should
collapse. I don't see this behavior implemented anywhere. I went ahead
 and dropped it from the spec. Should we resolve on this and update
CSS 2 to match?

3. If we decide to do both 1 and 2, can we just say that when
empty-cells:hide applies, cells matching :empty are displayed like if
they had visibility:hidden applied to them?

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/605 using your GitHub
account