Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow] Add mechanism for disabling scrollbars

From: alexelias via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 18:27:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
In the event that we decide to go with the 2 different disabling
values, it raises a new bikeshed.  In naming these, we should keep in
mind the primary use cases we each have in mind, to pick names that
will appeal to each type of dev:
- Your opinionated value would be useful for aesthetic touchscreen
cases, such as infinite scrollers (where the overlay scrollbar moves
chaotically and provides little useful information), or edge-to-edge
image scrollers.  We could call it `hide`.
-  My predictable value would be most useful for custom scrollbar
implementors.  We could call it `custom`, `replacement`, or `manual`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by alexelias
Please view or discuss this issue at